Yes that is right could our economy get any worse or uncertain? Will Washington Mutual be the next bank to be taken over by the government? The reason for my questioning...I work for Washington Mutual.
One of the longest and chief executives of Washington Mutual Kerry K. Killinger was forced to "retire" or should I say was fired Sunday night. After a long journey dealing with the subprime mortgages and credit card loans that obviously failed he was forced to leave the company he helped built for 18 years. Don't get too sad Killinger was said to leave his position with a package of $23.5 MILLION...ummm can you ask me to leave my job with this package, I sure wouldn't mind. Amazing after they don't know how to run a financial institution they managed to reward him with money. Oh gosh! No wonder Washington Mutual is disappearing in the financial market.
Replacing Killinger is Alan H. Fisherman who is noted to have sold Independence Community Bank to Sovereign Bank for a hefty price. Rumor has it JP Morgan has repeatedly offered to buy WaMu but Killinger refused. So who really knows what's going to happen now. Should I begin to buy a different uniform?
Wednesday, September 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Is your job secure? Any clues in the article? What's the buzz at work? How are people getting their info, separating rumor from facts?
This worries me too because I have a WaMu bank account and the reason I chose them is because I thought they were new and different. Should I be worried? What happens to my money if they crash or are sold?
Post a Comment