It's amazing but very true. According to Ileana Arias, from the National Center for Injury Prevention and Control at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention accidental injuries are the number 1 killers of kids. She says studies have shown that unintentional injuries such as suffocation, poisoning, and car accidents caused more than 4,000 deaths in children within the ages of 1 to 14.
We think of so many dangers as we become parents and sometimes our own home is the deadliest scenery we can offer our children. The article interested me because I am about to be a new mom and I just can't imagine how many dangers there are out there for our children. Kidnapping, sexual abuse, and childhood cancer are the number one things parents come up with when thinking of the worst things that could happen to their children, the bad thing is that's not all the dangers lurking around.
I would rate this article as a 2- I found it in a special section of the NYT. I think this article connects well with education & public service and sensationalism because it offers an eye opener for parents and it plays on the idea of treats endangering our family.
Monday, September 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment