Okay so I know I'm a little late with figuring all this out being that I've had a lot to these past couple of weeks. But let’s get to the real point I'm trying to make here as a follow up to one of my blogs about the Yankee Stadium. So, let’s get the story straight here... The Yankees and The Mets both are receiving new stadiums for next season worth millions if not billions of dollars. NYC tax payers are paying for this by the way. So we get to the playoffs and we see both teams struggling to get to World Series. After a long "hard" battle...Neither team managed to go to the World Series. On top of that I thought that because we gave them new stadiums and they didn't go to the world series the least they could do is offer the tickets for next season at a lower price. Well ummm I guess I thought wrong, prices for the seats are increasing. What in the world you say? I know me too. So let’s break this down:
-NEW BILLION DOLLAR stadium (at tax payers’ expense)
-Ticket prices INCREASED
-NO TEAM WENT TO THE WORLD SERIES
Does anybody else see a problem with this? I say we should take the stadiums back till one of the teams brings the World Series Championship back to New York.
Sunday, October 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I completely agree! Even before the financial system went down the toilet I thought it was a complete waste of good money to create a new stadium. All of the money they put into those stadiums could've been put forth new schools, better streets, even health care. To me it just shows how ridiculous this country can be and how gullible fans are. And like you said, it's not even like either team went to the world series!
Post a Comment